Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Happy Hours in Soho

Work in Soho or go out in Central London regularly? Prefer to spend most of your money on food? Yeah, me too. But I still like to go out drinking. Here are my top 5 happy hours in Soho.

Bar Soho
It's not the classiest of bars, but it's in a buzzing place on Old Compton Street and it's quite good to pop in for a few after-work drinks. Which are all half-price from 5-8pm. After which it gets quite expensive so I usually scarper down the road to Greek Street (see below). Pretty much every time I've gone there I've met some men, particularly when standing on the street outside. Ok, so some of them have been a bit weird, and some of them may have been the big issue guy, but still. It's also a cheap way to soak up the Soho atmosphere without going across the road to pricey Balan's). 
What: 50% off drinks 
When: 5-8pm every day
23-25 Old Compton Street W1D 5JL

Zebrano
It's just got a makeover which makes it look... well, like an Apple product. But if you're a bit tipsy post-some other bar you can go there and dance. There are only certain beers/wines/cocktails that are (up to) 50% off but it's worth knowing it's there if you're in the area and want a classic like a cosmopolitan or mojito. And they play some really good nostalgia pop-in-the-90s music. There are a lot of mirrors around and it's quite funny to watch people watching themselves in the mirror. It actually happens.
What: Up to 50% off selected drinks
When: Weeknights 5-10pm, weekends 5-9pm.
18 Greek Street W1D 4DS

The Warwick
Pretty standard bar, near to Piccadilly circus, it's got a standard cocktail list. Good for a quick after-work drink. It's usually pretty busy and it's near Piccadilly Circus (and Regent Street. I've fallen into shops after some 'quick' drinks and bought some questionable items afterwards). 
What: 50% off all drinks
When: 5-8pm every day
1-3 Warwick Street W1B 5LR

Thirst
It can get quite expensive otherwise with cocktails at about £8.50 but there are a lot of offers on with nearly 50% off. It's also got a dancefloor which some others don't. And they're open 'til 3am. And it's just up the road from Zebrano, which is handy.
What: Stupid hour cocktails £5-5.50, Happy Hour £6-6.50
When: Stupid Hour 12-7/7.30pm Happy hour all night on selected nights
53 Greek Street W1D 3DR

London Cocktail Club
This one is only on recommendation as I've not been yet (but I will be now), but I've heard countless people waxing lyrical about it since I started writing this. It's cool, it's got a properly extensive weird and wonderful cocktail list and it's underground. It's two-for-one on their 'classic cocktails', 4.30-7pm.
What: 2 for 1 on 'classic cocktails'
When 4.30-7pm Monday-Saturday
224 Shaftesbury Avenue WC2H 8EB

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, I'm so excited of getting my husband back after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman.
    After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com . Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Foodies100 Index of UK Food Blogs
Morphy Richards