Wednesday 1 October 2014

Tredwell's - Sharing Wareing

Cripes, all this relaxed accessibility. All this casualness. All this sharing. I’m surprised anyone ever actually makes it out of bed, let alone into a restaurant. 
We’re all too busy being casual and relaxed about everything, sharing everything and generally being accessible. Personally I’ve dived head first into this new trend and left my front door open this morning, hopefully making it more accessible to passers by. In an attempt to be more casual, I haven’t spoken to my mother in weeks. But all this general open-armed accesibleness and friendly jeans & converse-wearing makes me hungry. so I need a non-stuffy, casual, relaxed and informal eatery to fully express my rejection of formalities in a relaxed, convivial, sharing environment.


Chargrilled chicken, peanut, cucumber


Tredwells is the new West-End eatery offering from Marcus Wareing seemingly designed to ape the success of places such as Foxlow and Social Eating House perhaps. Everyone can picture the brainstorming meeting. “What we need is one of those dark and dingy booths n barstool ‘casual eatery’ type places, You know, blokey, but swish, like a restaurant version of Hackett or Murdock, bit of dark wood & shiny brass here, leather there, green glass lampshade maybe?” 

Shrimp cocktail


It describes itself as ‘combining accessibility with a relaxed, informal atmosphere’ with ‘modern London cooking with an emphasis on sharing’ and in keeping with the current trend of rejecting all the stuffy conventions of tradition, the menu is in no convenient order, but separated into sections called Snacks, Pots & Jars, Breads & Buns, Bowls, Grills & Smokes , Salads & Vege.

Lamb chops, minted bean chutney


Food all arrives at once, as is ‘a la mode’ in London 2014. Of course it does. Casual & carefree. Why are we all constrained to these silly rules like ‘starter’ or ‘main course’? How stuffy. How contstrained. How square. 
So I’m going with this. Down with it. Problem is, the lamb cutlets arrive at the same time as the shrimp cocktails, and I’m left with the dilemma: do I eat the chops first, while they’re hot, or leave them to gradually cool down and allow the lovely glistening shine to congeal until I’m ready to eat them - how tragically conventional - 10 or 15 mins later following the chilled shrimp cocktail. Which If I had left, would have gradually warmed up to that lukewarm horribleness that seafood should never be. 

Arrgh! 

So we end up just sort of picking through everything at the same time, like a kind of wedding buffet, not quite sure if what we had was really going with everything else. Bite of chilly shrimp, bite of lamb, bite of beetroot houmous. No start, no middle, no end.

Anyway, the food itself was a real hit and miss for me. Some pretty good, some odd, bordering on bizarre. 
Here’s what I remember:

Lamb chops: juicy and tasty, with a pleasant minted bean chutney.

‘Beetroot hummus’ this was a bit rubbish. Could have done with some salt, and possibly some garlic, lemon juice, and maybe swap the beetroot for chickpeas. Just a thought.

Chargrilled chicken, peanut, cucumber: Oddest tasting combination I’ve ever had I think. Not sure I would order again.

Shrimp cocktail: good sauce, tasty shrimps. Question: are shrimps the official new word for prawns? Or are they the small ones? Someone knowledgeable please inform me.

House salad: This was just a sad looking bowl of wet vegetable stuff with a vinegary dressing which just acted as texture.

House salad


Polenta fries with smoked tomato dip: edible enough, not bad at all. Tomato dip does what all tomato dips do, and made me want Heinz.

Desserts: My chocolate pot with Campari ice instantly transported my back to Christmas as a child, accidentally biting into my great Aunt’s chocolate liquors. 

Chocolate pot, Campari ice



Muscovado sponge, coffee and walnut, not a disaster at all. Best of the two.

Muscovado sponge, coffee & walnut

So Tredwell's food is obviously from a good pedigree, we all know that. Design-wise, the tired bandwagon-jumping that so many London restaurateurs are rather cringeingly doing to try and stay hip, like drunk uncles at weddings around your hot teenage friend is rather boring, but I wasn't completely annoyed by it. Weirdly, opposite Dishoom and Jamie's over the road, Tredwell's kind of slots into place as another out-of-towners out on the town dining place, and with Marcus's forthcoming TV attention it seems the perfect choice of location to snare some boot cut jeans wearing groups from the home counties between shops-n-a show.

But does Tredwell's make me go home thinking 'if I never went to another restaurant ever again, I would be happy that this was my last one'? Nope. And I believe - rather naively perhaps - every restaurant should make you feel like that.




12 comments:

  1. I well into the sharing vibe!! That dessert look rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Name is Stacy Leo from usa, I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about what this same man i once saw on this forum called Dr.Agbazara of AGBAZARA TEMPLE has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell within 72 hours. I was married to my husband Alana Evans, we were together for a long time and we loved our self’s but when I was unable to give him a child for 4 years he left me and told me he can’t continue anymore then I was now looking for ways to get him back until i saw Dr.Agbazara contact on this site about his powers. Please do also contact him in any problem you are passing and see for your self on:
      (agbazara@gmail.com) OR call him on (+2348104102662.)

      Delete
    2. I saw a comment here few weeks ago about Dr Agbazara and i decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bring joy to me as wished for. i followed instructions which he gave in other to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr Agbazara because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. please do contact him for help too if in relationship problem via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR Via WhatsApp on: ( +2348104102662 ). And testify for yourself.




















      Delete
  2. My Name is Stacy Leo from usa, I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about what this same man i once saw on this forum called Dr.Agbazara of AGBAZARA TEMPLE has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell within 72 hours. I was married to my husband Alana Evans, we were together for a long time and we loved our self’s but when I was unable to give him a child for 4 years he left me and told me he can’t continue anymore then I was now looking for ways to get him back until i saw Dr.Agbazara contact on this site about his powers. Please do also contact him in any problem you are passing and see for your self on:
    (agbazara@gmail.com) OR call him on (+2348104102662.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special thanks goes to this great spell caster called Dr.Abolo. I will forever in my life remain grateful to this great man for bringing my lover back to me after 9 weeks of emotional tears and pains during the period i lost my lover to another guy, but this great man brought my man back to me just within 48 hours. Try this great man and see for yourself the outcome Contact him at: +2347052534659 or via email: Abolospell@hotmail.com. I promise you that after contacting him your life will never remain the-same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love toward my husband hurts, since the day I took the risk and confronted one of his mistress, life was unbearable and it was clear he loves her more than me because he totally changed, and fought with me for confronting her instead of apologizing to me, he left the house for two weeks, froze my account and even served me with a divorce papers through his lawyer. I didn’t know it will get to that, I was disappointed and lost hope on trust, I thought I could have let them be, so I can save my marriage, I was at the verge of losing everything including our house. I needed to do something because I was almost running crazy, no chance to chill, I had only one option to find instant solution before it all disappears. I searched everywhere I could until I met Dr. Ogudugu on the internet with this email: (GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM), people really talked good about him and I was bold to ask him for one. Well, am glad he did at the end my husband came back on his knees, after the spell, begging for forgiveness. From what I have studied lately, my husband has indeed changed and become lovely. We never mentioned or even thought about divorcing again. Am so grateful for Dr. Ogudugu’s help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your great post. Your post is really valuable and help me a lot. Waiting for your next similar post.
    Restaurant Inventory Management

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to give a quick advise to any one out there that is having difficulty in his or her relationship to contact Dr.Agbazara because he is the only one that is capable to bring back broken relationship or broken marriages within time limit of 48 hours. You can contact Dr.Agbazara by calling him on his mobile +2348104102662 or write him through his email at ( agbazara@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not happy until i met Dr.Agbazara through these details +2348104102662 OR agbazara@gmail.com because my husband has left me and never had the intention of coming back home. But just within 48 hours that i contacted Dr. Agbazara my marriage changed to the positive side, At first my husband came back home and since then my marriage has been more peaceful and romantic than ever before

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all thanks to Dr.Agbazara for bringing back my lover to me within 48 hour. I have nothing to say than to Thank you and to let you know that i am happy.. My Lover treats me better and he spends most of her time with me now telling me how much he loves me than ever before.. If you have any problems with your lover contact Dr.Agbazara via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp +2348104102662 because he is the solution to every relationship problems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at the way my friend Wesley Virgin's biography begins with this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "self mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know that you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    That's because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps that conversation has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head 7 years ago, while riding an unlicensed, beat-up garbage bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and $3 in his bank account.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with living paycheck to paycheck! When will I become successful?"

    You've been a part of those those types of conversations, right?

    Your success story is going to be written. You just have to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Dr Emu can also help you fix this issues

    (1)Ex back.
    (2)Herbal cure & Spiritual healing.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)Pregnancy spell.
    (5)Win a court case.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What’s app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Foodies100 Index of UK Food Blogs
Morphy Richards