I love watching cooking programmes. I've spent days (well, maybe not days but you know what I mean) glued to the screen drinking in Hugh's words (and marvelling at his ease to slip double entendres into EVERYTHING) and trying to work out exactly what Heston is on (and wondering if I can have some). But there are some chefs who just get my goat:
- Nigella Lawson – oh, stop trying to make broccoli sexy.
- Jamie Oliver – I don’t give a shit if you are a geezer. Putting a towel under your chopping board does NOT make you a geezer.
- Lorraine Pascale. I don’t know why. She’s just annoying.
- Marco Pierre White. Because he is an arse and he sold his soul to stock cubes.
- Gordon Ramsay. I just don’t like him. Saying fuck a lot in a kitchen is not controversial. I’d say any more but anyone who’s ever worked in a kitchen before his TV programmes know it’s always been de rigeur.